Riverbank 180 litres

This 180 litres tank was set-up to resamble a riverbank. It is housing Puntius denisonii which grow to 15 cm and this tank is their frow out aquarium. When they get bigger I will move them into a bigger tank.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Update






A new update;
I did a major prunning and cut down almost all Cryptos which took over the scape. Now the fish and I can breathe again open space and all.
Denisonii barbs are growing and coloring up nicely
I moved the Yunnanilus loaches (2 males one female) to this tank which kind of suits them better. They are not hideing at all in this setup. Maybe the over hanging roots are providing the extra security.
All the fish are doing great. I placed the 2 power heads so they are creating a strong current, denisonii's favorite spot.
I added 4 Amano shrimps and 9 Corydoras panda.
I got 2 more baby Tylomelania sp Golden snails.

Some of you might know about my attempt to breed Bettas well these two are the only ones I kept, the other 3 survivors I gave to my LFS. At first I thought I had 5 females but it turned out the aggresive female got long fins proving to be a georgeous male.
I am changing water every month approx 40-50%. This tank is conditioned by Aquatan and Easy Life FFM + I add 2-3 T. catappa leaves into the tank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home